Franchise Lawyer Blog
Franchise Lawyer Blog
- In re Baez and Employment Relationships Between Franchisors and FranchiseesDecember 07, 2016In In re Baez, a potentially important case for franchisors, Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems, a janitorial franchisor, was held responsible for unemployment insurance contributions on remunerations paid to franchisees. In Baez,...
- Franchising in the News; How to Ensure Your Online Marketing Campaign Remains Compliant with Franchise RegulationsSeptember 22, 2016A recent article in the Franchise Times provides an interesting perspective on franchisors’ web site practices. Mark Siebert, from iFranchise Group, writes that “[w]hen it comes to whether franchisors...
- Franchise Succession PlanningAugust 15, 2016One of our founding partners, Michael Einbinder, recently addressed a group of restaurant franchisees concerning transferring their respective franchise(s) to the next generation, a concept often referred to as succession...
- What Rights do Franchisees have under the New York Franchise Sales Act?August 09, 2016The declaration of policy accompanying the New York Franchise Sales Act, N.Y. Gen. Bus. L. § 680 et seq., (NYFSA) states that “it is the intent of this law to...
- New York Minimum Wage to Rise to $15 per HourJuly 27, 2016New York State, and particularly New York City, is becoming one of the most expensive places in the nation to operate a small business. New legislation is affecting the bottom...
- Will the New Federal Overtime Law Affect my Business?July 21, 2016On May 18, 2016, President Obama announced the publication of The Department of Labor’s Final Rule updating Federal overtime regulations. The Final Rule focuses primarily on updating the salary and...
- Working for the Competition - How State Legislation Banning or Limiting Enforcement of Non-Compete Agreements May Affect Your FranchiseJune 30, 2016
The subject of non-compete agreements, a hot-button issue in franchising, has come to a head in Massachusetts, where just yesterday, the House of Representatives voted unanimously to...
- A Fifteen-Dollar DilemmaMay 09, 2016A hot topic facing many state and local legislatures across the country is whether to implement a fifteen-dollar minimum wage. This year, the States of California and New York passed...
- Gift Card Programs - It's The Thought That Counts?April 11, 2016For gift-givers, the gift card is the perfect solution to the man-who-has-everything, the birthday-you-forgot-about and for walking the tightrope of generous-but-slightly-impersonal required for say, the office gift pool or a...
- Franchising Non-CompetesMarch 25, 2016It is safe to say that nearly all franchise agreements contain a covenant against competition, or a non-compete clause. These clauses generally limit the activities a franchisee can engage in...
- Franchise LawOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Real EstateOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business LawOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant LawWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>