Business Litigation Blog
Business Litigation Blog
- What’s In a Name? Independent Contractors and the Danger of Misclassifying EmployeesApril 20, 2017Employers, including franchise operators and business owners, may receive special requests from employees regarding whether they can be paid as independent contractors, or may simply wish to hire independent contractors,...
- “Is it Worth it?” Can Arbitration be Affordable for Small Claims in Commercial Cases?April 10, 2017Why Do I Have to Arbitrate and How Much Will it Cost? Many standard commercial contracts include a requirement to arbitrate. This means that the parties must adjudicate disputes through...
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policies & Litigation: The Best Offense is a Good DefenseOctober 05, 2016As a society, we attempt not to “bring work home,” both literally and figuratively. But what happens when life and work converge? One area in which this occurs daily is...
- The Tipping Point; How to Calculate Wages for Tipped WorkersSeptember 02, 2016Tipped Workers Receive a Lower Minimum Wage: Tipped workers, including servers and bartenders, among others, are paid a minimum wage, plus what they earn in tips (the “minimum tipped wage”)....
- New Department of Labor Overtime Rules and How They Will Affect Your Business; Three Questions all Business Owners Must AskAugust 26, 2016As many of ED&G’s clients are aware, this spring the U.S. Department of Labor announced changes to the overtime requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act, resulting in more white-collar,...
- Recovery of Attorneys’ Fees in Litigation – Who Pays?August 11, 2016It is often the case that, when we discuss litigation with our clients, they assume that they are entitled to recover their attorneys’ fees from the other party if they...
- New York Attorney General Attacks Domino's as Joint EmployerJuly 26, 2016One of the most controversial topics affecting the franchise business model in recent years has been the “Joint Employer Issue.” The issue threatens to undermine the traditional relationship between a...
- Insurance and its Impact on Litigation StrategyJuly 20, 2016Many companies and individuals obtain insurance to help them manage risk. The presence of insurance coverage for claims asserted in a legal action can greatly impact litigation strategy and the...
- Litigating Corporate Disputes; Shareholders’ Rights and RemediesMay 05, 2016Corporate shareholders have a variety of legal tools at their disposal to seek recompense for injuries caused by the corporation, by the board of directors, controlling shareholders, or others. At...
- A Primer on Commercial TortsApril 21, 2016In addition to contract disputes, which we discussed in our first blog entry [click here], there are other common types of business disputes called commercial torts. Though there are...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant LawWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>