Terrence M. Dunn
Terrence M. Dunn is a founding Partner of Einbinder Dunn & Goniea and has been practicing law since 1983. He is a Member of the New York State, New Jersey and American Bar Associations (ABA) and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. He is a referred Member of the City Bar’s Legal Referral Service for business and franchise matters. He is a Member of the ABA’s Business Law Section and is an active participant in the ABA Forum on Franchising.
Terrence is the senior partner in charge of the firm’s business, real estate, trusts and estates and fashion law practices. He works on significant commercial real estate matters in New York City and nationwide. He is well-regarded in the franchising field for his work in franchise development, registration and transactions, including the launch of new franchise systems. He has represented clients in large scale franchise acquisitions and sales, including multi-unit and area developments, and he has managed the introduction into the U.S. of international franchise systems. He has over thirty years of experience in business law, representing businesses of all sizes and in every industry imaginable in structuring, financing, transactions and intellectual property. He has practiced for over 25 years in fashion law, trademarks and trusts and estates. Through his work in real estate and franchising, he has become highly knowledgeable about the area’s restaurant industry. His knowledge of real estate law has proven invaluable to the Firm’s franchisor, franchisee and other business clients.
Terrence has been interviewed by and written articles for major publications such as Entrepreneur, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine and the Franchise Law Journal. He also speaks at franchising-related events such as the International Franchising Association Symposium and the ABA Forum on Franchising.
Terrence is the author of the firm blog, franchiselawyerblog.com.
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey, 1983
- New York, 1984
- Massachusetts, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of NJ, 1983
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, J.D. – 1983
- Brown University B.A. – 1979
- Institute for European Studies, Austria (1977 -1978)
- Franchise LawOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Real EstateOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business LawOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant LawWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>